Its been nearly 12 months since I decided to play poker professionally. I am 22 years old and a graduate from the Hotel School at NYU. This all started when I paid a friend $28 to deposit $20 for me on Bodog, he wanted a pack of cigarettes out of the deal. Sounds ridiculous I know and to this day I still remember sitting around with Glen after having played for an hour and saying to him, "I guarantee you I'll have the last laugh." Three hundred and forty-five days later, I've done more with that initial $28 than I ever could have imagined.
My parents really hate the idea that their son is a professional "gambler", even though that is not how I view poker. Gambling is a sensitive issue with my family because my grandfather had an addiction he could not afford. So I do understand my parents' concerns, but at this point I've proven that I'm not merely rolling dice anymore.
Anyway I'm not really sure why I started this blog. I woke up yesterday and just felt like doing this. The overwhelming majority of my friends and people I meet do not really know or understand what goes into my job on a daily basis. In fact it would probably make the most calm and level headed person sick to his stomach to see my last four weeks. I am currently on my largest downswing ever at about -10k, this was after putting together my two largest months ever which amounted to nearly 50k. My goal for the next 12 months is to document the daily fluctuations inherent to no limit hold'em and my perspective on the game which is a bit different than most of those internet grinders around today. I owe a lot of my style and success to a friend Ken I met online. Together we have developed ideas and strategies to counter the games which have been getting more aggressive and tougher on a monthly basis. Eventually I will talk about some of the things I do that are unique to my game. Articles and videos will be posted as soon as I obtain the software to record my desktop. Ken will be helping me with this blog. Also I have a "student" I guess you could say. I wanted to try and help someone along the path that I found to be so hard and humbling at times. This game will beat you down and force one to doubt himself, but if you can keep your head down and continue to push forward no matter what you encounter, you will see success and results. I cannot imagine any other job like this that I could have at 22 yrs old, its awful and amazing all at the same time.
I aim to make 250k in 365 days. This goal is definitely attainable and its pretty amazing to me that in my second year out of school I have the chance to accomplish something like this on my own. I love to play the game and am always learning something new. It is all so interesting to me and hopefully you will be able to see why I am so passionate about what I do, it really is a fascinating game. I have learned a lot about myself throughout this whole journey, I hope that you can learn something about the game to make your journey a little easier and less turbulent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Struggling to explode. . . for you dude it works on so many levels
-V
Post a Comment