Friday, August 22, 2008

Such a Tease

Anyway so after puttin' together a nice little 4k run it seems that I'm slowly losin' it back. Not much I can really do, just gotta roll with the punches and keep a positive attitude. My game has definitely been mediocre at best, gotta try to step it up a notch. I'm making 3-4 small/medium mistakes per session. Only way to get to the top is to come back later and play my A game. Picked up some green tea, it helps me focus when I play.
I can't seem to catch a good stretch of cards to save my life, but I ran really hot the last 2 months so I feel like I haven't quite paid my dues yet. I couldn't sleep this morning and got up around 9 to play 8 tables and bang out 1000 hands by 11am. 8 tabling is the shit if you can work up to that many tables. I bang out a ton of volume in 2-3 hours per day where as others might be 4 tabling for 6 hours a day, God thats gotta suck. This last session was crazy down 2k at one point then up 2k and finally finishing down 1k. I got a bunch of good situations I'm gonna post. I've really been trying not to autopilot and use different lines. A line is the action that you take with your hand. All of my lines revolve around pot to stack ratios. I'm feelin' lazy right now haha, will probably take a bath or a nap, but I'll definitely post shit later and have a friend or two comment on the hands. Good news is my day is nearly over in terms of poker. 1500 hands a day is what I aim for during a downswing. I play 2k hands a day when I run better. 45 more minutes of poker should get me to 1500 hands on the day, then hopefully I make it to the gym. I'm trying to stay up the whole day and get back on a decent sleep schedule while working out 3-4 times a week. Sometimes I have no idea how I've made it to this point sleeping 10-12 hours a day on average, waking up as the sun goes down, and mass tabling in a weird sleep induced mental haze. Time to get my shit together. Oh also started applying to PR internships so this should help me establish some sort of routine.

No comments: