Back in the day, and when I say back in the day, I mean 8 months ago, blogging was something different for me. I don't have much of a desire to blog anymore, at least not about poker strategy so much. At home in NJ, I began blogging to fill something that felt missing. I still don't know what it was. There are tons of poker blogs and hardly anyone reads this one, but I guess I just had nothing better to do with my time. Or at least I was not doing enough in my day to stay busy. Things are different now. I finally moved to Austin and got setup down here, sort of. Ha I got most of my shit together, but the apartment is still pretty bare, and I don't care much. I moved down here in the midst of running horribly. That was my worst fear when planning my move. The thought of paying 50k in taxes, running bad, and moving out on my own completely alone to Austin was daunting. I surprised myself. It was not bad at all. I just did not keep track of my monetary fluctuations, or the spending related to my move. It worked out much better this way. My play at the tables was shitty, but you just really cannot do anything when you run badly, you are going to play worse and you must accept that. Today, I played very well. I lit up a few guys who were giving me problems and I ran well, so +7k after my night session. Pretty sexy if you ask me for 2/4-5/10. Even while running horribly, I slept good hours, usually waking up at 9 am, I have gone to the gym routinely and am seeing results. Also I am eating very well and not abusing my body much with drugs or alcohol. This is the best I have ever felt in my life.
Here are a few quick poker thoughts. Hardly anyone folds to the river check raise. There are a few spots I found versus a certain opponent type where I can expect folds. My mission now is to start taking different lines which end with a river c/r for value. I have been tinkering with it recently and have had phenomenal results. I should start practicing more HU. My HU game got rusty but it is slowly coming back. My game is starting to revolve more around the logic of "what am I representing?" instead of the board got scarier so I will continue to fire. Of course versus the fish or bad regulars, just keep it simple. Empty the clip when the board gets nastier, but against better regs you need to think differently.
PLO is still a whore of a game. I have definitely fixed a bunch of leaks, but I only play 500 hands of PLO a day, so perhaps I should play some more hands. The high stakes NL games don't run often and are not very good. It makes more sense for me to get my PLO on point and take nosebleed shots that way. Another option is to go to this underground high stakes NL game I found in Austin. A guy told me it runs as a 5k+ buyin. This is an excellent option, but I am not sure I want to get involved with these games again given that someone got killed at the last club I went to in NYC. We'll see, I still have to decide what to do.
I go to Costa Rica on May 22nd with some friends from high school. Its the same crew that went to Peru and it should be a great time. In July I am meeting some poker friends in Vegas at a kick ass house we rented. Life is good, actually its great. No complaints right now. It would be cool if I knew a few more people down here but its only been 10 days so I can't expect too much too soon. +15k in the last 2-3 days, lets hope its the beginning of another kick ass run at 5/10. Hopefully I can break 250k this year, and with the volume I have been putting in recently, it seems very attainable. I would not be surprised to make a bit more actually. That's all for now, later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment