This weekend was a great time. I got to see a few old friends and reconnect with them. I don't have much to say right now, I just wanted to make a quick blog post about a few things. I've realized that I really despise mediocrity. Looking over my blog, I saw one post from when I was running badly and it was such crap. My first two articles were actually thought out and well written. The third article was a bunch of sentence fragments and incoherent thoughts. Granted I'm not writing essays to be graded in a classroom anymore, but I still want to "do good work," as my professor once told me. No matter what you do, at least take some pride in it and make an effort to do it well. So with all this in mind, I just want to make sure that when I'm down swinging hard, that it affects other things as little as possible. As I said at an earlier date, I really have learned to deal with the swings a lot better. The whole 12k is nearly recovered from last month. I had a +4k session a few hours ago and it felt so good to book a big win again. Another thing, when I do run poorly I need to focus on still putting the same amount of effort into poker, whether its sheer concentration while playing, or studying my hands afterward. Lastly I need to keep a god damn routine in my life in reference to working out, eating well, and sleeping good hours. Anyway that's it really, I feel like I'm about to put together another big run. The great thing about poker is that every good run is usually bigger than your last one. I keep having daydreams of a 50k month and 5 figure day. I cannot wait, I've worked so hard to get here and refuse to be stopped now. Soon I will have to move my money to Pokerstars in order to take shots at 10 20 (2k nl) and 25 50 (5k). I thought about this run for so long and for it to actually be within my grasp almost seems unreal. I tend to daydream a lot. A friend recently told me your the only guy I know at our age who has the mindset of an 8 year old. Haha that made me laugh pretty hard because it is true. Positive thought really is everything. Its odd, a year ago I was not like this at all, but lately I have a ton of faith in my abilities to do anything. And that is what my friend said when she mentioned I think like an 8 year old. Adults are usually more realistic and a bit dubious about their abilities to achieve great things. Its sad really that people grow old, and more pessimistic. I sit around all day thinking about doing great things with my life in the future, to the point where its extremely unrealistic. Although who is to say what is and isn't possible except yourself. With the exception of 2-3 people, everyone laughed when I started playing cards and told them I wanted to get to WSOP, but I proved them wrong. Was I a bit quixotic? Of course. I can remember exact hands that I misplayed from 12 months ago. If I could see myself playing back then I would have laughed and thought, this kid does not stand a chance. Perhaps the power of positive thought is severely underrated and even considered childish to a degree when its carried too far. But I got the job done, and to this day I believe attitude is the entire battle. A teacher once told me, "intelligence is motivation." If you want something go and get it, simple as that do not point fingers, it is such a cowardly mindset. 12 months ago I had a day of self realization and something lit a fire under my ass. That's simply why I am at this point today. Maybe one day I will delve into what pushed me to that snapping point where I said "fuck it" I'm going to do this and won't stop until I succeed. Soon I will post some more hands and write an informational article about strict bankroll management and the hardships I endured playing with my money like a bonehead at first. I cannot remember a time in the last five years when I was ever this proud of my accomplishments. There are few more satisfying things in life than putting your mind to something and succeeding, especially when the odds are overwhelmingly not in your favor.
Also lately I've been listening to a ton of old school oasis- whats the story morning glory album- thats the stuff I love to daydream to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment