Every time I get just a little too comfortable with how I am doing in poker, the game humbles me. The last few months have been so incredibly lazy. Its time to step it up, that is it. After debating whether or not to do a joint session with a friend, I finally went through with the idea. The session went well and I learned a few new things. I am too lose in a lot of spots with the hands I use to isolate fish, and I need to start exploiting people's tendencies a bit more. An example from tonight was when we just 3bet the shit out of this one guy who kept giving up or calling and playing fit or fold on the flop. Usually I would not exploit a guy like this. Also I am just a bit too loose from the blinds still as well as the hands I open from the cutoff. It was very good to see and talk about different perspectives on situations.
I leave for Austin, Texas tomorrow and will be getting a feel for the town as well as looking at apartments. I am looking forward to getting this whole moving thing out of the way and back to the felt. My game still needs a lot of work and streamlining. Hopefully I can play some hands while in Austin, then back to NJ and time to buckle down. Lately I have been bitter as to why I have not had my run at larger stakes, or just a bigger run at 5 10. Instead of being bitter, I just need to get better, and let the rest play itself out accordingly. Keep my eyes on the prize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment