Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Reflections on Tonight's Session

I sat at a bunch of 10 20's waiting for action and did not get any so I went to Full Tilt and played what I thought was a fish HU. He turned out to be a regular but was not that good. I check raised him and 4b him pre flop a few times early on and it all worked out. Then I pick up KJ and flat, c/r a KJ2 flop, he comes back over the top w KT and stacks off. I'm not so sure about his line. I had been very aggressive but in his spot I definitely just call the flop and turn, possibly the river. The way he stacked off was sort of ugly and this play was surprising considering FTP is supposed to be the toughest site. I will play more HU there in the future. Then I got some action at Ultimate Bet and this guy started off the match by running blazing hot and got up 3k of me fast. This is about my quitting point. If someone wins 2 buy ins off me quickly I usually just stop and play someone else. I battled back to get the lead at 3.8k to 3.2k and then it evened out. Here is where i fucked up severely and something I find myself guilty of often. When the match gets even after I have had the lead, I tend to force things and usually run a decent sized bluff. I bluffed off 1.4k in this match and 1k in my FTP match at pivotal inflection points in relation to the momentum. Ha i think that is the right phrase. I wrote down a note on a piece of paper simply telling myself not to do this anymore, and I will keep it by my computer as I play. It is a large leak to be honest. But the fact that I recognize it, and am making efforts to fix it, should help a lot. Lastly, in my third heads up match I played a very bad player. Here are some crucial hands.

$2000.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Wednesday, February 25, 11:58:39 ET 2009
Table FULTON ST (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 6: YOUNG LUST ( $2404.25 USD )
Seat 4: AVONOLDFARMS ( $4769.50 USD )
YOUNG LUST posts small blind [$10.00 USD].
AVONOLDFARMS posts big blind [$20.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to YOUNG LUST [ Ts 8d ]
YOUNG LUST raises [$50.00 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS raises [$200.00 USD]
YOUNG LUST raises [$460.00 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS calls [$300.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Tc, 9d, 5d ]
AVONOLDFARMS checks
YOUNG LUST bets [$600.00 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS raises [$4249.50 USD]
YOUNG LUST calls [$1284.25 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS wins $2365.25 USD from main pot
** Dealing Turn ** [ Td ]
** Dealing River ** [ 4s ]
AVONOLDFARMS shows [2s, 2d ]
YOUNG LUST shows [Ts, 8d ]
YOUNG LUST wins $4807.75 USD from main pot



My re raise pre flop and bet post flop is so opponent specific. He just struck me as the type to 3bet me then call my re raise pretty light so on the flop I bet small to induce a shove and it works.

$2000.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, February 26, 12:04:28 ET 2009
Table FULTON ST (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 6: YOUNG LUST ( $6245.50 USD )
Seat 4: AVONOLDFARMS ( $4069.25 USD )
YOUNG LUST posts small blind [$10.00 USD].
AVONOLDFARMS posts big blind [$20.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to YOUNG LUST [ 4h 5h ]
YOUNG LUST raises [$50.00 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS raises [$200.00 USD]
YOUNG LUST calls [$160.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ah, 6h, 2h ]
AVONOLDFARMS bets [$300.00 USD]
YOUNG LUST raises [$1000.00 USD]
AVONOLDFARMS raises [$3549.25 USD]
YOUNG LUST calls [$2849.25 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
AVONOLDFARMS shows [As, Jh ]
YOUNG LUST shows [4h, 5h ]
AVONOLDFARMS wins $8137.75 USD from main pot


This was the heart breaker and eventual end of the match. He quit me shortly after. What I might do is ask my friend to play this guy and split the profits with me, because he won't play me anymore, but it is such a profitable spot. In this hand i call a re raise with 45s, he had been re raising me very light. I raise the flop and give him room to make a play exactly like he did. Another option is to call the flop, and wait for my equity to increase from 75% to 82%. The problem with this line is that if he bets the turn and I shove it looks so strong and he will not continue with his hand. The line I took was most optimal and I got 8.1k in the middle as a massive favorite. If I could do this day in and day out I would retire at 25.

I always get annoyed at myself when I play poorly versus people I believe I have an edge on. The first 2 matches were disappointing, but what can you do, except come back and play like a champ, which I did. I am proud of myself for that. My bankroll took a small hit today but I will continue to play 10 20 HU until I catch fire. Later

No comments: